Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Reviewed: Margaret Mitchell House Tour in Atlanta


Look, people who control the museum tour, you just can’t have a giant portrait of the writer with a confederate flag in the background and then stick a MLK Jr. photography exhibit in the basement as a way of saying it’s okay. Sure, you addressed the racism of the book (complicated) and the movie (outright) but what about the conspicuous confederate flag just over Ms. Mitchell’s left shoulder? The portrait was done posthumously, which hardly seems fair. Please don’t anyone paint a picture of me after I’m dead with a heart-shaped frame of Jonathan Taylor Thomas in the background, even if the work of my life only amounts to reviving Bop magazine. Either take down the stupid portrait or I want my $9 back.

0 Stars.

No comments: