Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Reviewed: Primal Fear on USA

Where was I when this gem of a movie came out? Fortunately, I was able to catch the last three-quarters on USA this past weekend. There is some amazing acting by the gorgeous Edward Norton and my female favorites Laura Linney and Frances McDormand. Okay, I know Richard Gere is in it too, but he isn't that bad. Maybe that's because this isn't a romantic comedy despite the overt sexual tension. The movie is about an altar boy charged with murdering his priest and ends with a M. Night Shyamalan twist despite the fact The Sixth Sense hadn't even been made yet.

77 stars. I missed the beginning and all the swearing was bleeped out and, I am sure, some scenes were missing. Also, the commercials really took me out of the story. Oh, and as previously stated, it loses stars for preemptively ripping off M. Night.

No comments: