Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Reviewed: Excedrin Migraine


Despite the many prescription medications for migraines, the only thing that has ever worked for me is the all powerful Excedrin Migraine and a nap in the dark. Along with the two painkillers each pill contains a massive amount of caffeine listed as a painkiller aid. Soon after taking the recommended dosage, that caffeine is coursing through my body, giving me the shakes and making me believe I can conquer anything. However, the debilitating pain in my head has not yet subsided. That usually takes another 20-40 minutes. Falling asleep immediately is crucial.

The full list of recommendations packaged inside the box tell you not to take the pills if this is the "worst headache you have ever experienced.” It's a migraine. I am in so much pain I can barely open the child-proof bottle, let alone decipher whether or not the throbbing I feel is worse than the last time I almost passed out from the pain.

90 stars. It gets rid of the pain, fast. If only there was something to counterbalance the caffeine shakes.

No comments: